Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Gunner

Default Graphic Language for Machine Tool Setup

On 8 Jan 2006 07:54:10 -0800, jim rozen
wrote:

In article , Andrew H. Wakefield
says...

My language can get pretty graphic when setting up machine tools ... oh,
wait, that's not what you're talking about!

"Keep all animals and small children away from the machinst while
he is at work." Or at least stopper their ears when nearby....

Jim

Which is sometimes harder than it might appear. While my granddaugher
is only 2...she is not much of an issue yet..I have cats who love
hanging around while Im working..and I have one that insists on
sitting on the lathe watching the chips coming off. So whenever Im
doing stainless..I put him in the house. I had this absolutly
horrifying mental picture of him reaching for a stringer coming off
the work..and getting hung..and spun at 1000 rpm wrapped in razor
sharp stainless steel ribbons....

cringe.......

So I put him in the house. Then he sits in the window above me and
watchs. But at least he is safe.

Gunner

The aim of untold millions is to be free to do exactly as they choose
and for someone else to pay when things go wrong.

In the past few decades, a peculiar and distinctive psychology
has emerged in England. Gone are the civility, sturdy independence,
and admirable stoicism that carried the English through the war years
.. It has been replaced by a constant whine of excuses, complaints,
and special pleading. The collapse of the British character has been
as swift and complete as the collapse of British power.

Theodore Dalrymple,