Posted to alt.home.repair
Bob

Default Wall Mounting Help

A lot depends on the quality, strength, and age of the lath & plaster. I
have a house which has plaster reinforced with real horse hair. It's so old
that if you tried to attach anything like that, half the wall would fall
down. Like Dan said, toggle bolts would be your best bet.

A lot also depends on who asked you to do the work. If it's for free, tell
them you can do it, but you won't guarantee it will work. If it's for
someone you never met, and they are paying you, they've already indicated
they could be a PITA by putting restrictions on how to do the work. In which
case, I agree with Ed that sometimes it's just best to politely decline the
work.

"Bill Davis Jr" wrote in message
I have been asked to mount a set of speakers to a wall. Where they
will be positioned I am told they can not be mounted to a stud. But
the downside is the wall is plaster and lathe.

The speakers weigh 15 lbs. each. My question can these be mounted?

I have already been told, no shelf system or floor standing. Here is a
link I was given to what would be used:
http://www.vanns.com/shop/servlet/it...ures/750059078

Thanks,

Bill