Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning
Bruce Barnett

Default More drill questions

Owen Lowe writes:

In article ,
Bruce Barnett wrote:

135 degrees is used to cut high alloy steel. (HSS, M2, etc.)
For cast iron, aluminum, bronze, plastic,wood, etc. use 118

That's exactly what I was looking for - in addition to George's comment
about it not mattering too much for wood. Seems I've seen some company -
Fuller, maybe? - that offers a 90 degree point...?

I was reading in an old book that 90 was ideal for wood.
But I can't find that reference. I did find this chart:

http://www.tapdie.com/html/drills_guide.html

which lists nearly everything EXCEPT wood.