Posted to alt.home.repair
bill allemann

Default Guidelines for capping off a PVC drainpipe in the basement flush with floor?

Another option is to install a floor cleanout fitting. You would need to
chip out
some clearance. The fitting utilizes a female thread adapter, then the
cleanout fitting that threads into the adapter. You can adjust height
accurately because of the threaded assembly. When set at the right
height, you can mud in the remaining gap.
They have these fittings at Lowes.
Bill

"427Cobraman" wrote in message
oups.com...
I relocated a drain for the upstairs washer and am wondering if there
is any type of code that needs to be addressed as far as capping off
the unused drain (PVC). I would like to cut it off flush with the
basement floor since I will be finishing the basement, and I'm
wondering how I should cap it off. Is there an inside-diameter plug I
could glue in then fill with quick-crete or should I chip out the
concrete that is around the pipe down far enough to place a standard
cap on then fill and level with quick-crete? Thanks,
Alex