Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning
Ken Moon

Default Homemade Poly/oil finishes

"Bob Threlkeld" wrote in message
oups.com...

I am using a 1/3 mixture of urethane, boiled linseed oil, and mineral
spirits on highly figured pine. I have another issue...I dipped,
dried, sanded the piece several times and it looks good, but when I put
the piece in the sun, it "sweats" beads of finish. I assume it isn't
really dry. Is there a better way to dry the piece instead of air
drying? I live at 9,000' feet with 20% hunidity.

Bob

Bob,
Are you sure what you're seeing is really the finish? Pine is very bad about
secreteing it own sap when heated, even after it appears to be totally
"dried".

Ken Moon
Webberville, TX.