Posted to alt.home.repair
427Cobraman

Default Guidelines for capping off a PVC drainpipe in the basement flush with floor?

I relocated a drain for the upstairs washer and am wondering if there
is any type of code that needs to be addressed as far as capping off
the unused drain (PVC). I would like to cut it off flush with the
basement floor since I will be finishing the basement, and I'm
wondering how I should cap it off. Is there an inside-diameter plug I
could glue in then fill with quick-crete or should I chip out the
concrete that is around the pipe down far enough to place a standard
cap on then fill and level with quick-crete? Thanks,
Alex