Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning
George

Default Somethng I learned last night

"Lyndell Thompson" wrote in message
.net...

Thanks for the info, I have been using a 2' piece of concrete rebar tie
wire (comes in spools) and it works great. I estimate it is about 1/16" or
less. The steel wire works better, heats up quicker. Next time somebody
pours a sidewalk in your area...........bum a piece from the form workers.
They won't miss 2' off the 100' roll strapped on their side.

Can get the same at a slightly higher price as picture hanging wire.
Annealed solid steel, not braided. My shop is pretty messy, but even
allowing for losses in the sweepings, I'm still working the same $1.39 roll
after five years.