Posted to rec.woodworking
Toller

Default Additional Information...

"Toller" wrote in message
I just bought a used RAS without a blade. I have been using an existing
Freud 60 tooth TS crosscut blade (D1060x), but Freud specifically says it
is for TS and CMS, not RAS. And for good reason, it does climb a bit.

I have seen a Delta 35-624, which is an 80 tooth blade for all types of
saws. It is very expensive (for me anyhow) but I can get it on clearance
at 20% off.

The Freud is a 15 degree hook, the Delta is a 10 degree. Is that enough to
make a difference? (Freud's blade for RAS is 7 degrees)
And is the Delta worth the price, and are the sharpenings for real. Thanks.