Posted to uk.d-i-y
Lobster

Default Replacing doors in 1920s house

Dave Fawthrop wrote:
On 6 Jan 2006 06:49:28 -0800, "John Cee"
wrote:

| Just in the process of doing up our 1920s semi. The house has nice
| pitch-pine panelled interior doors, but unfortunately the previous
| owner had them dipped and stripped and they are warped to the extent
| that most of them won't close properly. Could anyone give me any tips
| on a good source of replacements in a similar style? Would rather not
| replace them with generic Wickes/B&Q type stuff, but there again don't
| want to take out a 2nd mortgage for custom made jobbies.......
| cheers

A local joiner made us a door, to my design, competitive with the
sheds

When we wanted matching doors in our house when we had an extension
built we went down the bespoke route - about 100 GBP per door IIRC.

(Presumably you've had a shufti down at the local salvage yards?)

David