Posted to alt.home.repair

Default How to stop an HOA from blowing a quater million bucks

Where I live, there are two boards. The first one is the HOA board,
which is responsible for doing little things like the annual block
party, etc., and they get the proceeds from the annual HOA dues to fund
their budget.

The second is the board of Trustees for the SID (Sanitary Improvement
District), and they are responsible for things such as streets, sewers,
parks, etc. Their vastly larger budget comes in the form of property
tax levies.

This probably varies in your area, but just thought I'd mention it so
you don't go shouting at the wrong folks.