Posted to uk.d-i-y
marble

Default Replacing doors in 1920s house

On 6 Jan 2006 06:49:28 -0800, "John Cee"
wrote:

Hi,
Just in the process of doing up our 1920s semi. The house has nice
pitch-pine panelled interior doors, but unfortunately the previous
owner had them dipped and stripped and they are warped to the extent
that most of them won't close properly. Could anyone give me any tips
on a good source of replacements in a similar style? Would rather not
replace them with generic Wickes/B&Q type stuff, but there again don't
want to take out a 2nd mortgage for custom made jobbies.......
cheers
john

Are they like this?
http://www.lpddoors.co.uk/images/dx_popup.jpg
These seem to cost £94 for a one off but presumably some discount for
several.

There are some at my local saw mill which are the same basic form but
made with that red coloured close grained pine, Douglus Fir or
Canadian Redwood looking. With visable tennons, a very attractive
door. I'm not sure wheather they are the same as in the above picture
because I thought they were made by JBKind and are on sale for £129.