Posted to alt.home.repair
Herb Harris

Default Getting the battery out.... :-

"Apropos" wrote in message
OK... this is a silly problem but as of yet I haven't found an answer:

I have a MagLite flashlight. 4-cell. The innermost battery leaked a bit
and is
stuck hard in the metal tube.

Any idea how to get the doggone thing OUT without tearing apart the
flashlight
tube?

I have tried tapping with a hammer, sticking in a coat hanger and
screwdriver.... nothing is helping. I even thought to put a screw into
the end
of the battery for something to pull on but that proved more difficult
than I
thought, being so far up in there.

Argh!

Bang it real hard, base down, on a piece of scrap lumber. It may take a fews
shots but eventually they'll loosen and come out.

When you get the battery out, check the brand and mail the bad battery and
the flashlight to them. They'll send you a check for a new lite, batterties,
and reimburse your postage if you ask for it.

Patrick