Posted to alt.home.repair
maxinemovies

Default 100 amp vs 200 amp confusion

When we ordered our manufactured home, we ordered 200 amp service be
built into it (cost extra, but many of you here recommended it so we
went with it.) We also ordered 200 amp service from Edison, so when
they finally get out there to install the electric, that's what
they'll be giving us.

But...

Our contractor says, nope, the house is 100 amp and so he put a 100
amp pedestal next to the house for Edison to hook up to. He says
maybe we ordered 200 amp service, but we didn't get it and we should
ask for our money back on that.

How do we tell if we have 100 or 200 amp service? My husband has
looked at the circuit breaker box on the back of the house and he says
there's one larger switch at the top that is labeled 100, then all the
smaller switches underneath it.

What happens if Edison puts 200 amp service on that 100 amp pedestal,
and what if we do have a 100 amp house?

Or what if we tell Edison to only put 100 amp service on, but the
house actually turns out to be 200 amp?

I'll be calling the dealership Monday for answers but I'm not hopeful.
They don't seem to know their ass from a hole in the ground over
there. I know what's on the spec sheet - 200 amp, but is that what
they really put in the house?

Any advice or information would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

Maxi

Email addy upon request.