Brian

Default Source of nickel plating in southern Ontario?

Try Canada Chomeplating and Crankshaft, in Toronto, They might do nickle
plating.

"Ted Edwards" wrote in message
Helen Scarth wrote:

I collect antique sewing machines and am in the process of restoring a
couple of them. The rusted slide plates, originally nickel plated,
have been cleaned (Evaporust) but they'd look so much better replated.

Only outfit I could find close to Hamilton, Ontario was a business in
Hespeler who charged $20 per item for a flat 1/8" thick piece of
metal, 1.5" x 3" and had an eight week backlog.

Is this price reasonable? Anyone know of anywhere closer to Hamilton
that might plate these for me at a lower price?

You might consider doing it yourself. Nickle plating solutions, both
electro and electroless are available from
http://www.caswellplating.com/nsindex.htm
For best results, electroclean first
http://www.metalworking.com/dropbox/_1999_retired_files/E-CLEAN.TXT
http://www.metalworking.com/dropbox/_1999_retired_files/E-CLEAN2.TXT