Posted to rec.woodworking
J T

Default OT - Now MY Truck Died Too

Thu, Jan 5, 2006, 11:22pm (Tom*Watson) shames us
with his admission:
I bought a new Honda Civic to take over the commuting chores of the 1987
F-150.
I drive sixty miles a day plus the weekend load.
I figure, when I average the repair cost over the last three years, and
the difference in gas consumption, this little thing costs me $94.00 a
month, which ain't bad.

My truck cost me $1200 in 2001. I've spend about $250 on tires,
and probably another $75 on parts. Granted I only put an average of
around 10-15 miles a day on it, but it is infinitely classier than a
Civic.

For a number of years, I drover almost 200 miles a day. Vehicle?
I alternated between 2 VW Beetles. I could get around 35 MPG, and
around 38, if I pushed it, with one. With the other I got around 32
MPG, and if I pushed that one, it could drop as low as 15 MPG - that one
was warmed over, with a progressive 2-barrel carb - and loads of fun.
They had class - little kids absolutely love VW Beetles.

So, regardless of your total disregard of your loss of class, and
new social status, I am forwarding thses links, to assist you and your
new ride.
http://pimprides.messedup.net/you_might_be_a_ricer.html
http://www.riceboypage.com/

JOAT
You'll never get anywhere if you believe what you "hear".
What do you "know"?
- Granny Weatherwax