Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Grant Erwin

Default OT - ebay, "good condition" & "as-is"

Mike Berger wrote:

I've only done it once -- but was required to send the worthless
merchandise back in a trackable form before Paypal would authorize
the refund. Maybe your seller didn't want his merchandise back.

Grant Erwin wrote:

I completely disagree with the person who wrote that you don't get
your money back from the credit card company until/unless you ship
back the merchandise. They put money into the guy's Paypal account,
they go pull it back out, you don't owe your credit card anything,
you're out your shipping, the seller's out his auction amount. I have
done this a couple of times. Not that I'm a tough buyer to get along
with, but this is the only real recourse with teeth.

GWE

Paypal? What do they have to do with it? I deal with my VISA card!

GWE