Posted to uk.d-i-y
John Kelly

Default flushing a central heating system

In article ,
says...
On Fri, 06 Jan 2006 14:42:49 GMT, EricP
wrote:

On Fri, 6 Jan 2006 14:33:08 +0000 (UTC), John Kelly
wrote:

My problem is that there are three radiators upstairs which can't be
bled. The bleeding valve is stuck. I don't particularly want to replace
the radiators as I can't get any the same size. What are my options?

Replace the faulty valve at the same time as draining.

snip

I think the OP means that the bleed screw in the top ofthe rad is
stuck solid.

I'd spray the drain screw with Plusgas a few days before draining the
system. I'd then (attempt) to remove the screw with a *decent* brass
radiator key and a pair of molegrips, taking care to undo it the
correct way.

Yes that's what I mean. I'll give it a go. The radiators are fine in all
other respects and luckily (when the bleeding valve worked) there was
never any air to get out of them anyway.

Thanks

--
John Kelly

Remove dimspam if replying by mail