Posted to uk.d-i-y
EricP

Default flushing a central heating system

On Fri, 6 Jan 2006 14:33:08 +0000 (UTC), John Kelly
wrote:

My problem is that there are three radiators upstairs which can't be
bled. The bleeding valve is stuck. I don't particularly want to replace
the radiators as I can't get any the same size. What are my options?

Replace the faulty valve at the same time as draining.

Get an assistant as gopher, several bowls/trays that will fit under
the pipe by the valve.

Use a small hacksaw to nick the underneath of the pipe until the water
flows out but you can stop it with your finger.

Fill the bowls until the flow stops. The gopher does the emptying.