Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default flushing a central heating system

John Kelly wrote:
I want to flush my central heating system as the boiler sounds like a
jet taking off when it's heating the house - okay on the water funnily
enough. I want to drain it a few times till the water's clear, then fill
it with some chemical flusher stuff for a week, then drain it again and
refill it with the proper inhibitor stuff.

My problem is that there are three radiators upstairs which can't be
bled. The bleeding valve is stuck. I don't particularly want to replace
the radiators as I can't get any the same size. What are my options?

Thanks

--
John Kelly

Why not just replace the bleeding valves?

If you do want to change radiators without altering the width of the
pipework you can buy extendable radiator valves which will accomodate a
slightly smaller radiator replacement.