Posted to alt.home.repair
Rusht Limpalless

Default Stucco

Another way (the best way, imho) is to apply synthetic stucco over styrofoam
insulation. I doubt that heat or cooling costs are gonna drop, every little
bit of insulation is needed to cut alkaydas grip on the world.
Goto www.durabond.ca or .com for directions on synthetic stucco.
"SQLit" wrote in message

"Jasper" wrote in message newsp.s2w69pb0tjxu53@compaq...
On Thu, 05 Jan 2006 14:25:04 -0500, Jasper wrote:

I have done stucco before on some churches in Mexico and am going to do
my garage. I am under the impression that without wire mesh under the
stuuco the failure rate is higher. The mesh at home depot would cost
close to $1000. I saw 'flip that house' on TV the other day and they
were stuccoing over what looked like chicken wire. I think that would
be less expensive than the stuff made for stucco but would it be
acceptable?

Oops, forgot to mention that this is over block that has been painted.
The paint is failing.

I "mortar washed" my painted block house and it came out fine. Cleaned
with
a pressure washer, then scaping, then the contractor applied a bonding
agent. Brown coat went down, a couple of days later the texture went on.
Painted still looks good 20 years later. This method is still being used
today over block.

Doing any less than the building code is not a good plan. I believe you
need to do some further research before you "mess it up"