Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning
Ron Kolakowski

Default Homemade Poly/oil finishes

I was looking for the same thing recently, and went to David Marks
website looking for the formula, since he mentions it frequently on his
show. Turns out this is one of the "frequently asked questions", and
the answer is that he uses General Finishes products. I've just
finished some Cherry tables using their "Seal-A-Cell" and "Armor-Seal"
products, and have been very pleased with both the ease of application
and final result. The Seal-A-Cell is an oil used for the initial coat,
and popped the grain on some curly cherry quite well. The Armor-Seal is
a wipe-on poly/oil mixture, and 3 coats are recommended. I've got the
3rd coat drying now, and the final product looks great.

Ron