Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning
Derek Andrews

Default Eccentric Turning"Plan" Method

Derek Andrews wrote:
Have you ever considered using a blog? Blogger.com provides the free
software and blogspot.com will host it.

charlie b wrote:
Your seafoamwoodturning site
for example, sends several 8k "show_ads.js"
files to my computer - the .js identifying a
java script.

Those are almost certainly the Google Ads which I have added into the
blog template myself. If you don't want to add them you don't need to.
One can edit the blog template or provide your own if you feel so inclined.

In addition, the "free" software is pretty
clunky compared to a commercially available
web site building package - like Adobe's
Go Live for example - which is what I use
for building my sites. EVERY THING on
my sites I PUT THERE, knowingly.

Blogger.com software is pretty good for publishing a blog. It would be
no use for making a website with, but that is the whole point of blog
software - a content management system designed for quickly and simply
creating blog posts, taking care of archiving and navigation, and
publishing to the web.

I was merely offering an option for hosting odds and ends of information
since you mentioned you were running low on webspace. Your post to abpw
was excellent, but would be be a great resource to more woodturners if
it was on regular webspace rather than a newsgroup.

--
Derek Andrews, woodturner

http://www.seafoamwoodturning.com
http://chipshop.blogspot.com - a blog for my customers