Posted to alt.home.repair
RichK

Default Oven Igniter (glow bar) Replacement

Thanks Ed and Joe,

The bottom of the oven seems to be held by 2 screws, so it should be easy -
assuming they do not break :-)

The door may come out. May sound silly, but when you say that the door may
be lifted out, I assume it's after you remove the screws near the hinges.
Trying not to get into trouble :-)

Rich

"Joseph Meehan" wrote in message

I would guess you will find it by taking the bottom of the oven out.

Remember. Do not under any circumstances touch it when installing it.
Leave it in the plastic until it is in and then remove the plastic.
Touching it is a sure way of ending its life quick. You may be able to

see
a crack in the old one avoiding the need for any test.