Posted to uk.d-i-y
Ed Sirett

Default Diverter valve problem fixed but now another problem.

On Thu, 05 Jan 2006 12:24:46 -0800, dave wrote:

Hi Ed
The water is very hard down hear in Hampshire and I was wondering if
bits of limescale are a possibility. the boiler is about 7 years old.
Is there any way of distinguishing between a blockage in the hot water
heat exchanger and a blockage in the diverter valve?

I take it that you originally replaced the diaphragm which is the bit that
moves the diverter valve.
The diverter valve may have springs in it which mean that even if the pin
moves the gubbins aren't.

I would resign yourself to draining, overhauling, flushing out and
descaling bit as needed.