Posted to uk.d-i-y
raden

Default Advice required on 10 year old central heating system..

In message .uk, Ed
Sirett writes
On Wed, 04 Jan 2006 23:38:57 -0800, Mike wrote:

Hello,

I am looking for a little bit of advice on my central heating system.

.... ...

What do people think? Should I really think about replacing the system
if it's working? As I have said I have not moved in yet so not
spending a lot of time there so the system is on low. I suppose until I
move in I wont see how good the CH and HW supply is although I suspect
as a single bloke living there alone its going to be adequate.

Thanks very much for everyone's time, patience and any advice.
(Thanks also to Ed Sirett for pointing me to here and his response)

I think things may not be anywhere near as bad a BG are suggesting.
What is the current boiler power?
Around 10kW or 35 kBtu/hr should be fine.

Ed, would you say that the person who said "the plastic pipe will allow
lots of oxygen in the system to corrode the radiators " is telling pinky
porkies or blatant lies ?

OP - just step away from British Gas ... quickly

--
geoff