Posted to uk.d-i-y
David Hearn

Default Boosting electric shower

Tony wrote:
I currently have a gainsbrough 10.8kw electric shower, but I have
always been unhappy about its outflow. Is there a way to boost the
cold water pressure to the shower or perhaps there is an off the shelf
electric " boosted " shower out there.

I'd love to have a power shower, but the family gets too many showers
to be practical to run one.

Any help or suggestions gratefully received..

... Tony

You may be able to boost it - however, the way these showers work is
that the water temperature is governed by the flow rate. When you
increase the temperature, you're just slowing the water down, allowing
the element to come into contact with the water for longer, heating it
more. Therefore by increasing the pressure, surely you're also
increasing the flow rate, which would reduce the amount of time the
water is in contact with the element, causing the water temperature to fall.

If you're after a more powerful but cooler shower, it might work. I've
no idea whether you can actually pump mains pressure water anyway.