Posted to uk.d-i-y
Dave Liquorice

Default Second telephone line and NTE5 WAS Telephone wiring

On 5 Jan 2006 02:12:30 -0800, jkn wrote:

If I get BT to fit/connect a second domestic telephone line, do they
just run a connection (eg. using the extra cable traces) to a new
NTE5 box?

Yes. Assuming they can provide a pair all the way back to the
exchnage.

And would they be likely/willing to upgrade my current non-NTE5
master socket to an NTE5 whilst they are at it?

Be nice a friendly, offer tea/coffee/biscuits and the chances are
high, provided that he doesn't have to do much more than swap the old
termination for the new one. If you start wanting cables run all over
the place unlikely unless that is required for the new line. Of course
if CW1308 is already fitted and properly installed he may fit a NTE on
the end of it and make the connection to "your" cable for you.

--
Cheers
Dave. pam is missing e-mail