Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Building a cement block retaining wall...

I appreciate the prompt response I've gotten so far - I'll add that I'm
in the Atlanta, GA area, where freezing/thawing is thankfully not much
of an issue. There is a good amount of rainwater coming off the
driveway there though.

I did build a dry-stacked fieldstone wall against a ground cut some 13
years ago and it's doing fine - I backed it with gravel and a drain
pipe which I'm sure helped...I'll keep that in mind. I'm not too
worried about appearance as it is up against a chain-link fence (hence
unable to slope it that way) - if anything it'll improve the area. Good
thing my neighbor is okay with these things too.

VMacek