Posted to rec.woodworking
Barry

Default Bandsaw adjustment

Blade is 1/2 inch and am only trying to cut 1/2 inch plywood. Cuts fine in
one direction but not the other.

I'll check the adjustment again

Thanks

Barry

"Mike Berger" wrote in message
How wide is the blade and what are you trying to cut?

Barry wrote:
Thanks in advance. Spend most of my hobby time metalworking but
occasionally need to do something in wood. I am having trouble with my
bandsaw. It is an inexpensive RIGID. The problem is that it only cuts a
curve in one direction. If I go the other direction, the blade just
twists and it doesn't want to make the curve cut in the wood. I believe
I have adjusted the guides as recommended in the instructions. Am I
doing something wrong with the adjustment? How tight against the blade
should the guides be? Could it be the guides are out of square allowing
the blade to twist? Is it something more obvious that I am not seeing?
Is it my cutting technique?

Thanks

Barry