Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Snag

Default What about this type of bandsaw?

wrace wrote:
Just spent two days in the shop working on a project that required
extensive angle cuts to make multiple pieces at all different kinds
of finished lengths. Started out with 10' long stock, and all cuts
were angle cuts 45 degrees and others.
I used my 4x6 harbor freight special for these cuts and it was quite
the cluster... Spent more time in the set-up / tear down / set-up
cycle than actually cutting it seems like. Making various angle cuts
required moving all kinds of stuff in the shop to provided enough
clearance for the stock when mounted in the saw, as it was sticking
out at various angles. Of course you also have to pull the saw out
away from the wall for more clearance.
Then there is the mucking around with vice angle each time, having to
prop the saw stand up on 2x4's because all my standard work supports
are taller than the saw bed etc.

Yeah, I know, the saw:
only cost ~$200
has 101 mods available to make it better.
has a large user base with info on the net.
yes, I'm using a good blade.
is a good value... etc, etc, etc.
However, I need to be working on my projects, not on the bandsaw
itself.

Wayne

So build a turntable with pinlocks to set the saw on . When set square ,
it can be rolled back against the wall . Your suppoert can be static , the
vise can be rotated as needed . Realistically , you should only need a bit
over 90* rotation ...

--
Snag aka OSG #1
'76 FLH "Bent Lady"