Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Roger Haar

Default Call me nuts: turning in a mill :-)

Hi,

I saw a machinist mount a rough disc on a rotary
table on his mill. He cleaned up the edge and cut
a nice o-ring groove into it with a standard
endmill.

Cheers
Roger Haar

wrote:

Hi, Nick.
There used to be a machine shop near my plant. When they closed and
auctioned off most of the equipment, I saw a VERTICAL LATHE on the
floor. It was made in Germany, but I don't remember the name. As I
recall, the thing was about 15 ft. tall and perhaps 6 ft. across.

Looked just like a lathe, but on end. They used it sometimes to make
components for titanium casting molds.

Interesting to watch the heavy equipment movers get it out of the
building and onto the truck.

Paul