Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Don Foreman

Default Flywheel on a rotary phase convertor

On Wed, 4 Jan 2006 13:00:58 -0600, "Robert Swinney"
wrote:

Sorry, Don. We were discussing RPC's and I assumed (we know what that does)
you were thinking of RPC's as well. Two 3-phase induction motors connected
as a RPC are not, repeat are not in parallel. I'm afraid you have jumped to
the conclusion that two 3-phase induction motors connected in RPC fashion
are merely connected in parallel. That is not the case.

Hanrahan seems to think it is the case. The presence of the
capacitors notwithstanding, his motors are connected in parallel.

http://www.metalwebnews.com/howto/ph-conv/fig1.html