Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Robert Swinney

Default Flywheel on a rotary phase convertor

Sorry, Don. We were discussing RPC's and I assumed (we know what that does)
you were thinking of RPC's as well. Two 3-phase induction motors connected
as a RPC are not, repeat are not in parallel. I'm afraid you have jumped to
the conclusion that two 3-phase induction motors connected in RPC fashion
are merely connected in parallel. That is not the case. See a later post
in which I tried to explain the defference.

Bob (if it sounds like Iggy, it might be Iggy, No! it can't be) Swinney

"Don Foreman" wrote in message
news
On Wed, 4 Jan 2006 11:42:34 -0600, "Robert Swinney"
wrote:

Hey, Don, it sounds like you are beginning to go off half cocked, sort of
"Iggy style".

Look at
http://users.goldengate.net/~dforeman/delta_3D/

Colored lines are windings, white lines are connections.
'Splain to me how the windings of same colors are not in parallel...

Don "Half-cocked" Foreman