Dan Musicant

Default 1200 degree High heat spray paint stinks, literally

On 19 Aug 2003 13:12:37 GMT, (RonC9876) wrote:

an: Bake your painted articles in your barbeque grill for a couple of hours at
:the high heat setting. This will bake off that nasty smell and make things
:tolerable.

The can says you can cure it by baking at 300 degrees for 2 hours, 400
degrees for 1.5 hours or 600 degrees for 1 hour. Around 2 hours after I
finished painting, I did the 400 degree treatment in the oven for over
1.5 hours. That stunk up the place and I hoped the smell would go away
eventually, but it hasn't yet. So far, I haven't heated it up past 400
degrees or so. Maybe I'll just crank up the oven all the way for an
hour! It heats up to 550, maybe 600 degrees! Do you think that might
kill the smell?

I don't have a barbeque that big. Gave one away. The only ones I have
are small.