Posted to uk.d-i-y
Dave Plowman (News)

Default Telephone wiring

In article ,
Andy Dingley wrote:
BT _may_ visit if they're installing ADSL, and they'll leave you with a
nice NTE5 and ADSL faceplate, which is a tidier job than plug-in
filters. I agree that they don't always visit (probably rarely), but
I'd thought that if records showed the premises to still be wired
without sockets then it would trigger this.

I converted my place from a single hard wired phone when I moved in some
30 years ago. First to a couple of extra phones and then to the plug in
system. Not had a BT 'inside' engineer ever - although they replaced the
outside wiring after an incident with a mobile crane.;-)

--
*Beauty is in the eye of the beer holder *

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.