Posted to uk.d-i-y
Richard A Downing

Default Telephone wiring

On Wed, 04 Jan 2006 15:37:09 +0000
Andy Dingley wrote:

On Wed, 4 Jan 2006 13:34:44 +0000, Richard A Downing
wrote:

My bungalow has an old fashioned telephone system consisting of a BT
cable connected to a grey box (about 70x40mm tapered with a single
screw fixing).

I'm puzzled as to your wiring, and how it got to be this way. What you
describe is typical of older wiring, but unusual for a line that has
been upgraded to ADSL.

snip

The wiring was like this when I bought the house last July. How it got
to be I don't know.

I ordered ADSL from a non-BT biller and BT did not visit, it just
'turned on' on the day specified and has worked well since. I don't
have any problems with it at all.

I suspect your comment of puzzlement reflects BT's early roll out of
ADSL, and not the later, lower cost, approach.

R.