Posted to alt.home.repair
Bob

Default Hot water tap stopped working

I've heard the statement that hot water freezes before cold water for years.
People come up with all kinds of arguments, but the most common one is that
some of the oxygen has been removed from hot water. If you're just comparing
hot and cold water, the statement simply isn't true. I agree that hot water
pipes will "often" freeze before cold water pipes, but when water is in
pipes, there are too many variables.
OT, I even had a woman argue with me once that heat doesn't rise. lol

"Stretch" wrote in message
ups.com...
Bob, I was a plumber/pipefitter in Pennsylvania for 8 years before
moving to South Carolina.
Often the hot water would freeze and not the cold. Makes no sense, but
it happened a lot.

Stretch