Posted to rec.woodworking
Larry Jaques

Default what saw do you use in this situation

On Wed, 04 Jan 2006 03:31:45 GMT, with neither quill nor qualm, "Dave
Jackson" quickly quoth:

I picked up one of these a couple of months ago. Sure has come in handy for
getting nice cuts in tight spaces. Has almost replaced my flush cut hand
saw. Check it out, may be just what you need-
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...&s=hi&v=glance
--dave

I got their 9-1/2" version for $26 delivered via the FWW ad. It'll cut
a tubafore in half more quicly than a freshly sharpened Disston and
only use about 1/3 the effort in doing so! They're simply amazing.
http://thejapanwoodworker.com/produc...ept_ id=13088
I want the hardwood version next.
http://thejapanwoodworker.com/produc...ept_ id=13088

This is by far the best saw I've ever owned, and it's one of the
cheaper varieties that they sell at $30. Pro models are up to $90.
I love the ryoba shape, and the handle can be offset either way to
get into tight spots.

Regarding cutting the countertop splash, perhaps he can also cut it
from the inside of the cupboard below.

--
If you turn the United States on its side,
everything loose will fall to California.