Posted to uk.d-i-y
Dave Plowman (News)

Default Telephone wiring

In article ,
Richard A Downing wrote:
1) Can I install a modern Master Box directly from the first grey box?
Or do I have to pay BT to do this? (I'm aware that there is moderate
voltage (-48V ?) on the wires!)

You're not supposed to but I've not heard of anyone being hung drawn and
quartered for it.

2) Can I then wire new extensions from the master to ADSL-filtered
wall sockets throughout? I'll want 5-6 sockets, although I don't
foresee that many instruments - probably: Sky-box, ADSL modem,
Speaker-Phone and DECT-basestation (REN 4).

Depending on where your router/modem is it can make sense to fit an ADSL
filtered master socket.

--
*Artificial Intelligence is no match for Natural Stupidity *

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.