Posted to uk.d-i-y
Andrew Gabriel

Default Washing machine has filled up with water whilst turned off!

In article ,
lid (pcyljmb) writes:
Hi,

I was wondering whether any one could shed any light on a most
peculiar problem we seem to have encountered with our Electra AWM900
Washing Machine. Unlike Adrian our motor and other related functions
still seem to be operating OK : however we returned from a few days
away late last night to find that the newly laid carpets were soaked
through.

The washing machine drum was half full of water (having been
completely empty and turned off before we went away), but because the
washing machine door was ajar to prevent it smelling, water had come
out and saturated the nearby carpets.

Either one of the inlet valves has failed to close completely
(maybe a piece of sand stuck in it), or it is syphoning waste
water back in from the drain.

--
Andrew Gabriel