Posted to alt.home.repair
Doug Warner

Default Any microwave ovens available with pop sensors?

"Larry Bud" wrote:

Doug Warner wrote:
My 8-10 year old Sharp microwave oven has died from a shorted HV
capacitor. I'll probably fix it, if the part is still available.

If not, I'd like my next oven to "listen" to popcorn, and shut off
after the popping rate slows to a threshold level. My current oven's
popcorn mode always comes up about 40 seconds short.

Why don't you just set your microwave timer to pop 40 seconds more than
the popcorn mode?

Or is pressing 4 more buttons too much work for you?

Because, at least in my oven, the transition time between all-popped
and burnt to a crisp is about one second. The way I do it, to avoid
burning, is to push the PC button, which gets it close then dive for
the minute plus button when it times out.
Since I only use one type and brand, I really need to time a few bags,
and put a label on the oven with the optimum cooking time.

BTW: The a new capacitor and fuse ($27.00) fixed it.

If they made this:
http://www.halfbakery.com/idea/Giant...orn#1093798800
it would blow the door off when it popped :-)
--
Email reply: please remove one letter from each side of "@"
Spammers are Scammers. Exterminate them.