Posted to rec.woodworking
Dave Jackson

Default what saw do you use in this situation

I picked up one of these a couple of months ago. Sure has come in handy for
getting nice cuts in tight spaces. Has almost replaced my flush cut hand
saw. Check it out, may be just what you need-
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...&s=hi&v=glance
--dave

"Tom Watson" wrote in message
On Wed, 04 Jan 2006 02:28:24 GMT, "Jack_O"
wrote:

Greetings.
My Mother n law feels she needs 4 inches or so cut off the end of her
counter top so she can add something, (movable cart or some such thing.)
There is approximately a 4 inch overhand from the lower cuboard.
OK no brainer cut off the 4 inches flush.
Problem#1 I used a jigsaw to cut as far back as I can .. bonk.. the
plate(FOOT OF THE SAW) hits the backsplash, leaving about 1 1/2 inches to
the end.
I started another cut 90 degrees on the end.. still not close enough.
Problem #2 the backsplash.. without really messing up the wall how do I
cut
thru that.

See if you can slip a piece of thin sheet metal between the back of
the counter and the wall, to protect the wall from the fine-toothed
crosscut handsaw that you will use to finish out the cut.

HTH

Tom Watson - WoodDorker

tjwatson1ATcomcastDOTnet (real email)

http://home.comcast.net/~tjwatson1/