Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Larry Jaques

Default OT - Stella

On Tue, 03 Jan 2006 02:41:22 GMT, with neither quill nor qualm, Lew
Hartswick quickly quoth:

Do you want that hot or cold?

The next blurb for McDonalds clerks to learn. :-)

Yeah, "Ya want hot, tepid, or cold coffee, you idiot?"

Of course, smarter folks would have put the cup on the
dash or floor while removing a sticky lid. I doubt there's
a person alive who regularly drinks coffee who hasn't burnt
their fingers or other body parts on it. I know VERY few
people who can drink it HOT, straight out of the pot.
AND
Of course, smart folks would have instantly pulled
their sweat pants down and blown on the wet area to
instantly cool it off. Most folks would rather be a
bit embarrassed than to be badly scalded after their
idiotic maneuver. But noooooo...

I'd have awarded McD's their attorney fees less the cost
of Brilliant Stella's initial ER visit since they didn't
lower the temp of their coffee after being warned earlier.
But that's it. Anyone with an IQ of double digits+ knows
that coffee is hot. Go into any restaurant and you'll hear
people warning folks about the food, the plates, or the
coffee/tea being hot. You'll overhear that at every single
meal at EVERY restaurant EVERY day, fer chrissake.

No mercy.

One other question bears mentioning: Should the kid be held
liable since he allowed her to burn the **** out herself?
I refer to the driver, of course, not to McD's little drone.

--
REMEMBER: First you pillage, then you burn.
---