Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning

Default Grizzley 20" x 42" lathe

I bought my G0584 lathe from Gizzly in Feb. its a great buy and a good
lathe. I have had three problems with the lathe all which I consider no
big deal.

1. The first one to my door was damaged in shipping....no matter what
if you see it damaged at all reject the shipment. That is what customer
service told me to do and it was much easier than the other options.

2. The second one was great but the tool rest broke at the T. No I
wouldnt say for sure it was defective or my own fault, but grizzly sent
me a new one very quickly for free.

3. It will use up its belt if you catch to much or do other amature
things you will wear out the belt. I bought a couple extra belts and
have only used the one I bought to replace the original belt.

I have a stronghold chuck and several face plates plus it comes with a
face plate. You can find chucks, face plates and adaptors easily on
the web.

I made one adjustment to my lathe.....weight.....I cut two pieces of
angle iron and 1 piece of 3/4" plywood.....there are tabs on the legs
that fit perfect for a shelf....3 bags of 70lb. sand bags and this is
one seriously solid lathe.

Thats my $.02 and you can check out its work on my
site....shavedwood.com

Rob