Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning
mac davis

Default abbreviations

On Mon, 2 Jan 2006 19:21:06 -0500, "George" George@least wrote:

"Pat" wrote in message
I especially dislike acronyms in the subject line.
If I can't understand the guys subject line I am unlikely to read what
else he has to say.

I open those out of curiosity. How am I going to learn anything until I
learn the language?

Use to hear objections about that from the kids at school. "How come we
have to learn these big words?" pertaining to biological vocabulary was as
common a question as "Is this going to be on the test?"

Answer to both was the same - life is cumulative. Takes everything you know
to learn what you need.

very good, Grasshopper....

I've always felt that when you lose interest in learning, you lose interest in
living... sort of like "enlightenment enables you to see how much you still have
to learn"?

mac

Please remove splinters before emailing