Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning
DJ Delorie

Default Grizzley 20" x 42" lathe

My 1067Z has worked fine for years. I've added a supernova chuck,
oneway live center, best toolrests, and a bunch of chisels to the mix.
Also put 300lbs of marble chips on the lower shelf to give the base
some mass. It runs smoothly and will turn anything I can fit on it.
The 1x12 spindle is nonstandard, but it's only annoying when I bring
my stuff to the craft fair - I end up swapping out the supernova
adapter sometimes.

I have snapped the toolrest *extension* twice, but I think it's just
poor design and I never use it anyway.

http://www.grizzly.com/catalog/2006/Main/106

In general, I've been satisfied with Grizzly's big tools, considering
they're inexpensive compared to other brands. I've got their lathe,
table saw, two jointers, portable planer, dust collector, dust filter,
and small combo sander.