Ted Edwards

Default stainless steel tubing and flaring/forming

Anonymous wrote:

I'd like to try forming a flange on an end of some of the tubing pieces.
Would 416 allow an end to be formed (similar to a pop rivet head) by
spinning, or would this need to be done as a stamping process?

Here's a thought for your consideration. I have not done this on
stainless but I have on steel. I bought a double flaring tool to do
some brake lines. I t5hink you could get a flare well started and then
make a piece to flatten the flare into a flange.

Ted