Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Rex B

Default Places of Interest Catalog

OK, I'll suggest these:

American IronHorse Motorcycle Company
4600 Blue Mound Road, Fort Worth, TX 76106
817.665.2000
Description
The American IronHorse facility, with its 224,000 square feet, enables
the company to accommodate manufacturing, engineering, paint department,
assembly line and polishing all at the same location while providing
adequate space for long-term growth.

Hours
Take the free tour every other Friday at 3:00 p.m. Reservations are
required. Please call 817.665.2000.
WW2 B17 in restoration at MEacham Field in North Fort Worth
Other historic aircraft and small aviation museum.
Last time I was there they were setting up a machine shop, looking for
someone to run the machines on a voluntary basis.

---------------------------------------- -
Midland-Odessa
CAF/WW2 Museum at the airport.
Aircraft were not accessible last fall, but normally are.
B17 and B24 (?) in restoration, about 20 nice historic aircraft.
---------------------------------
Petroleum museum on I20
Everything you wanted to know about exploration, drilling refining.

MAJOR BONUS: Jim Hall Chapparel wing opened in 2005. Jim's shop is in
Midland. All the cars (1 each) are on display, including the infamous
Sucker Car.
I will go here every time I'm in town.

Rex Burkheimer
WM Automotive
Fort Worth TX

Errol Groff wrote:
On Tue, 03 Jan 2006 11:48:14 -0600, Rex B
wrote:

What? Nothing in Texas??
- -
Rex Burkheimer
WM Automotive
Fort Worth TX

Sorry Rex, I have never been to Texas but if you have something
interesting to add I welcome your thoughts.

TW I have just updated the files with many interesting places
suggested by Art.

Errol Groff

Errol Groff

Instructor, Manufacturing Technology