Posted to alt.machines.cnc,rec.crafts.metalworking,misc.survivalism
tg

Default OT - Stella

"zadoc" wrote in message ...
On Mon, 2 Jan 2006 23:59:41 -0000, "tg"
wrote:

"zadoc" wrote in message news
On 2 Jan 2006 09:01:00 -0800, "rigger" wrote:

(sic) he had control of the coffee before she burned herself.

A concealed danger she was unaware of, although McDonald's was VERY
aware and gave no warnings. This must be the evidence of negligence
the jury found.

If you see all the facts in the correct time frame and context the jury
decision seems like common sense.

Just be happy it wasn't YOUR mother or grandmother that was burned.

dennis
in nca

I totally agree. All products should be safe for consumer use, and
the only possible excuse I can see for serving coffee at a dangerous
temperature is that customers wouldn't have to reheat it if taking it
home.

However, almost everyone has a microwave today, so I see little if any
justification for serving coffee at a temperature likely to cause
injury.

Had I been on the jury, they definitely would have been held liable.

God it's people like you that make my skull feel like it's turning inside out. You're the epitomy of the irresponsible brat. It's
always always always gotta be someone elses fault.

Sorry, but serving coffee hot enough to cause scalding of tissue is
totally irresponsible, and there is absolutely no justification for
such a dangerous practice.

bull****.
coffee is a well known HOT beverage. Did you get that word? 'hot'? as in not cold. As in having been heated, you ****ing idiot.
Being careful and responsible around heated liquids is all part of being an adult, and judging by your inclination to always blame
someone else, an adult frame of thinking is something you haven't matured to yet.