Posted to uk.d-i-y
Stuart Noble

Default New skirting boards

Neil D. wrote:
Hi,

I was orginally gonna lay a new wood floor down prior to fitting the
skirting boards.

This so the SB's sit on top and hide the cut edges of the flooring.

I'm now gonna go the carpet route. I know i've seen the skirting boards
right down at floor level, but would the carpet fitters appreciate the same
offset (gap etc) so they could tuck the carpet underneath?

Don't think so. They like to tuck it down parallel to the SB.
Make sure your skirting is firmly fixed. That stretcher thing they use
tends to put pressure on the bottom edge.